- Researching Your United Methodist Ancestors: A Brief Guide
If you believe your ancestor was a fully-ordained minister or a missionary in the United Methodist tradition and want some genealogical information then please feel free to fill out our Genealogical Research Information form. What we may be able to provide is a copy of the official obituary taken from the person's Annual Conference Journal.
Search the Archives
From here you can access the finding aid catalog, the memoirs database, the general library collection and information about the past five General Conferences and other specialized topics.
- Charles Wesley, 1707-1788
His many beloved hymns captured the central teachings of “scriptural Christianity” and Methodist emphases teaching the faith and stirring the soul. One of his best known hymns is the Christmas classic, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"
- Assist our Ministry of Memory
- Ensure the future commitment of the United Methodist Church to preserving the past today for disciple-making in the future.
- Upcoming Methodist History Events
Consider joining the General Secretary as he plans to attend many of these important historical gatherings in 2014.
Of Interest - Noteworthy
- 2013 GCAH Staff Report
This staff report was presented to the GCAH General Commission at its September, 2013 Annual Meeting...